"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Quote by: Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

11 months old

11 months old


Emily will be 11 months old next week. It seems like she's changing every day and turning into a toddler right in front of us. She can crawl FINALLY. She started really moving last week while I was away in Florida (of course I missed it). She also cut two teeth on the bottom last week even though I told her not to cut any teeth while I was away. Her fourth ear infection seems to be resolved. At least, she finished the antibiotics and hasn't seemed uncomfortable. She'll go for yet another follow up next week to be sure her ears are clear. Emily has an appointment at NYU at the end of the month to get a hearing test and do the pre-operative testing for her palate surgery. I'm looking forward to seeing the team again, but I am dreading the pre-op stuff because it means they'll need to take blood. I had to hold her down for 15 minutes while they squeezed four vials of blood from her finger for her lip surgery. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Palate surgery is April 19th at 7:30 am. We've all begun holding our collective breath and mentally preparing for this next step in Emily's journey towards wholeness.


This is a classic Emily pose. She's sitting in front of the t.v. and I had to make all sorts of strange noises to get her to look at me so I could snap her picture. She sits with her legs crossed all the time like a little adult.


Here she is cracking up because Ana's rolling around with her in her toy area (the foot in front of Emily is Ana's). They play together a lot. Ana told me that Emily's going to be talking to her soon (I think she's looking forward to having Emily as a constant playmate). Notice the very chubby knee. Emily has cleared 21 pounds and feels heavier every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home