"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Quote by: Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Lots of Pictures

Lots of Pictures


Good morning, Em. Actually this shot was taken right after a 2.5 hour morning nap (the third one this week). She was very chipper considering the room was dark and I walked in flashing the camera at her.


I got in a little closer so I could get that fluff of hair. I can't believe how big she's getting. Her speech therapist said she's acting like a one-year-old. My baby!


Here's a good shot of her scar which looked really good today. Her nose is also "settling" into a nice shape. We massage the scar every day (some days I'm lucky to get a couple of minutes in) and apply Creme de la Mer to reduce the redness. Her lip is softening up, but her nose still feels really hard. Jim thinks we should massage it, but she doesn't even like when I wipe it!


We had a breakthrough today at mealtime (this picture doesn't demonstrate it though). Here she is after refusing a yummy breakfast of chocolate pudding, cheerios and meat sticks (don't ask). Jim reminded me that chocolate isn't such a good thing for a baby to eat due to the caffeine. oops.


Okay, here's the breakthrough shot. I sat Emily down for dinner rather late today (around 6:45 pm) because she'd had a bottle at 5. I didn't expect much. Before today, she's never had more than 3 or 4 spoons of baby food, but her speech therapist paid us a visit on Thursday and gave us LOTS of ideas to try. So I tried them all: lots of variety, different temperature foods, different textured foods, pile the food in front of her and let her play with it, give her toys at the table, put her cheerios in the growing mound of mush (that works surprising well, actually). What finally did it today was that I thickened her food a lot (spinach and potatoes) and scooped it up with one of those toy links and then used that as if it were a spoon. She ate it! She ate the entire bowl!! Then she drank a full cup of juice! Okay, she wore half the juice, but still!! I was so amazed. Maybe now she won't wake up for the 1:00 am feeding. I hope this wasn't a fluke and we have some success tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home