"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Quote by: Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Down Time

Down Time


The question is not whether to eat the cracker. The question is whether to like the cracker.

Emily is doing well. Today is the last day of her antiobiotic for the ear infection and we take her back to the doctor for a follow-up next week. I hope the infection is gone. She hates taking her medicine and it upsets her stomach. Her sleep's been a bit odd lately and I hope it's not because of her ears.


Here's a neat trick - she's got her top lip over her bottom lip, something remarkable considering she had very little mobility in the lip a couple of months ago. She's doing this more and more. She's drinking from a cup and I think this has helped her practice using her top lip. I make the same face back at her and she tries to imitate me.


Ana and Emily are watching Boo Bah together. I love this picture. It shows how Ana thinks of Emily as another kid like herself. I honestly don't think she sees her as a baby - she hangs out with her and tries to play with her and then gets mad when Emily grabs her face and tries to suck on her nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home