"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Quote by: Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, April 29, 2005

Palate Surgery Recovery - Day 10

Palate Surgery Recovery - Day 10


Emily tried Chicken and Stars soup for the first time today. She learned quickly how to drink the soup and eject the stars (those are a few stars on her chin). Oh well. I thought for a few minutes that I'd get actual food into her.

She's doing great 10 day post-op (my how time flies!) and there's almost nothing new to report in terms of her recovery except that she's taken her first unassisted steps over the last two days. This is because I let go for a second when holding her hands and she took a step! Then she fell into my arms and giggled. Now it's a game we play, but I think it's a step in the right direction (pun intended).


She loves bending her arms without the restraints on. Here she is flirting with me (notice I removed the stars from her chin). Except for sleep issues she is pretty much back to herself. We even took her to the park today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie,

Do you know Em looks soooo much like you in the top picture. She looks like she has your eyes. Too cute love this blog.

Colleen

5/11/2005 08:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home