"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Quote by: Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, March 12, 2004

8 Months Pregnant - Sonogram of Emily

8 Months Pregnant - Sonogram of Emily

Friday, March 12th, 2004

I've decided to create a blog to chronicle my family's story. I am eight months pregnant and due April 13th. I found out during a routine ultrasound at 20 weeks that my baby, Emily Rose, will be born with cleft lip and palate. I am creating this blog to help me work through the issues of dealing with a child that has special needs, but also to help others who may be facing the same issues as me. I have found that reaching out to people who have been through, or are going through, taking care of a child with cleft lip and/or palate has been part of my healing process in learning to accept that my baby will not be born "perfect."

The first place I recommend you visit if you want to learn more about what cleft lip and palate are and also meet some great people is CleftAdvocate.org.


Emily's First Photob>

Send me an email if you have questions or just need some support.